WEDDING MUSIC ORDER
The following schedule will help you in outlining all the places that you will need music for your wedding.
Prelude - before the ceremony begins.
• 3-4 songs (20 minutes) to be sung as guests are arriving and being seated.
• 1 song for entrance of mothers of bride/groom, lighting of unity candle (if one is used), and their being seated.
• 1 song for entrance of bridal party. (Be sure to let your musicians know how many bridesmaids and flower girls/ring bearers you have, if any).
• 1 song for Bridal Entrance.
Be aware that for all these entrances, depending on the length of your church's aisle and the number of people involved, you might hear only a verse and chorus of your song selection, or you might hear the entire song.
• Responsorial Psalm (can be sung or spoken)
• Alleluia and Gospel Acclamation (always sung)
• Lighting of Unity Candle (if one is used)
This only takes 45 seconds, so choose a chorus or selection only of a song.
The lighting of the Unity Candle generally happens right after your vows and exchanging of rings.
• Presentation of the Gifts
• Mass Parts (Holy/Holy/Holy, Memorial Acclamation, Great Amen, Lamb of God)
• Communion Hymn
• Meditational Hymn or Hymn during ceremony to honor Our Lady (optional)
• Processional Hymn